Thursday 13 August 2015

Making Learning Easy & Joyous- Part 1

Its not been very long that I have been associated with teaching. This is something I always wanted to do but it was hard to come out of my comfort zone (I was working as sales guy for over 5 years with different organisations) and pursue my desire (to join some good institution and teach).

It seemed the prayer was answered and I soon joined a college affiliated to Nagpur University. I was allotted management subjects (that is what I intended to take) for BBA and MBA.

Its been 3 years in row now and I am currently associated with another esteemed college in the city.

The findings(even though its too a short journey in the segment) are as follows:

1. Students are highly categorized without knowing where they are and what they actually want to do.
2. They have physical presence in the class.
3. They have a over-grown shell which is hard to crack.
4. They are interested in demonstration(teaching methodology) only.
5. They are neither "Yes" nor "No" side of the coin.
6. Its too hard a process to unlearn.
7. Technology has created a gap. Technology = socializing?
8. Ideal time to begin a class to guarantee attention and not attendance?
9. Facility or Adversity- motivates them? 

I might sound negative to some. Its only a matter of perception. I believe, only when questions can be identified the answers to them can be satisfactorily devised.

Kindly pour-in your valuable thoughts.

Amit Arya
mailtoamitarya@gmail.com.




No comments:

Post a Comment